Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives, such as Spanish, Cerignola or cracked green
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted prunes, (dried plums)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add broth and vinegar to the pan; bring to a simmer, stirring.
- Add olives, prunes and pepper; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken